If it's time to re-build or re-create, no worries, you can soak your item to remove the glue... here is how
REMOVING BLOCK LOCK® TOY GLUE WITH A S-WASH BAG
Instructions for REMOVING 1 sachet of BLOCK LOCK® toy glue.
Please check manufactures instructions and washing machine guidelines BEFORE removing BLOCK LOCK® BY HAND / in your washing machine as toys and machines vary.
- Ensure that the S-WASH BAG (WASHING and Storing bag if you are using it) is free from defects before use.
- Remove any dry, excess glue and dispose of it in the household waste.
- Ensure any UN-WASHABLE ITEMS such as motors, batteries, decals or delicate components are NOT placed in the SWASH bag or washed.
- If the toy/build is too big, Soak and then dismantle the glued toy as much as possible to put it into the SWASH bag. Ensure the zip head is fully secured shut. Tuck the end of the zip under the zip protector lip.
- After around 30 mins of soaking and agitating the build, remove excess glue where possible, and dispose in the household waste, then break-up the model further if necessary.
- Once hand soaked, You also have the option to place the SWASH bag in the washing machine* on soak if you wish. This should be done on a very short, cool wash with padding such as old towels, and only if your toys and machine are compatible.
- Do not spin, and there is no need to use detergent.
- You may wish to repeat the hand soak process for stubborn or very heavily glued items or simply leave any heavily glue items to soak for longer.
- We do not recommend multiple machine washes of your toy in the same bag.
- ALWAYS remove large amounts of glue where possible BY HAND SOAKING BEFORE USING A WASHING MACHINE FOR BEST RESULTS.
We suggest you run an empty wash cycle after you remove the S-WASH bag if using the washing machine removal method with a s-wash bag, although no glue product should remain in the machine.
Hang the bag until dry, Pop in your instructions and store for the next build. please check bag for damage before storing.
Your building blocks and toys are now clean, sanitized and stored in one place - no lost pieces.
When you are ready… REBUILD or STORE in the S-WASH bag for next time!
Please note, S-WASH bags are designed for single wash and store, and are not designed for multiple wash uses.
Do not use any sharp edged or pointed objects in the bag as it may damage the bag and cause small components to escape if the S-WASH bag is damaged during the washing process. All S-WASH bags are used at the user's discretion.
*Please refer to your manufactures guidelines prior to washing to ensure your machine and selected toys are compatible for machine washing. If they are not, or you are concerned about damage, do not use the washing machine removal method. Always check toys and SWASH bag after washing to ensure all pieces are undamaged before play. We do not recommend you remove more than one BLOCK LOCK GLUE sachet in the washing machine at any one time.
REMOVING BLOCK LOCK® GLUE WITHOUT A S-WASH Bag
If your item is heavily glued, or you do not have a S-WASH bag, you can soak your toy to remove the glue (SUBJECT TO SUITABILITY as indicated above).
BY SUBMERGING your glued toy/accessory in warm water and gently agitating regularly and changing the water the glue will dissolve and be removed, providing it is suitable.
We recommend using a S-WASH bag for glue removal to minimise loss of components and the bricks/toy inside the bag can be agitated more effectively resulting in a quick removal result. The S-WASH bag is also designed to store your set in one place after glue removal so it can be re-built again and again with the same enjoyment.
It is up to the end user to determine if the toy/accessory should be hand soaked or machine soaked.
BLOCK LOCK Toy Glue are not able to specify removal methods for specific toys, and it is up to the end user to use their own judgement to ascertain if BLOCK LOCK Toy Glue is suitable for their toy and also if the removal method using water is suitable for their toy PRIOR to application of the glue.
First Aid information:
- Some people are more sensitive to chemical products than others.
- If irritation occurs discontinue use.
- In case of eye contact: Wash out eye with plenty of water, holding eye open. Seek immediate medical advice.
- In case of skin contact: Wash affected area with plenty of water.
- If swallowed: Wash out mouth with water. Do not induce vomiting. Seek immediate medical advice.
- In case of scalding: Cool the burn with cool or lukewarm running water for 20 minutes, as soon as possible and seek immediate medical advice.
- In case of doubt, seek medical advice without delay. Take the product together with the pouch and information with you.
- Store in a cool place out of the reach of children.
- Read these instructions before use, follow them and keep them for reference.
- Clean all equipment after use and ensure all empty containers are disposed of properly.
- Use in a ventilated area and wash hands after use.
- We do not recommend using any equipment which has not been supplied with the set.
- Do not eat or drink whilst HEATING, PREPARING OR using the product.
- Do not allow product to come into contact with eyes or mouth and do not inhale the product.
- Dispose of product in house hold waste unless otherwise stated in the instructions.
- Keep equipment and product including the SWASH bag away from children